What follows is a list I compiled years ago and I still read it daily. I did not invent these suggestions- I learned them from all the teachers I've met along the way.
I keep adding to it-- yet these are my top ten and think of them as I network.
- Believe in yourself and recognize your accomplishments and what you have to offer.
- Develop your vision to continually market yourself with a mission and a plan.
- Take ownership and be proud of all you have accomplished.
- Think of yourself as a product and how to always become 'new and improved'. In the Grocery store of life, why would someone pick you off the shelf?"
- Remember, whatever we do, we are all in sales. Be sure to present your ideas and thoughts in ways that encourage others to 'buy into' them.
- Network anywhere, Network anytime, Network always. Life is one big network.
7.Knowledge is a power you will always possess. Strive to learn new and valuable information daily.
8.Improve your performance. Over deliver on everything you do and watch how you differentiate yourself and build your brand.
9.Be visible in your industry. Make it a point to leave your desk and get involved. The more people who know you, the better.
- Reach out of your comfort zone. Our minds and bodies have untapped potential. Constantly work beyond what you think is your current level. Keep growing.
These all read very simply. Implementing them daily is another thing. I usually read one suggestion at the beginning of the day and act on that particular one and at the end of the day, I reflect on how it helped me. For example, if # 7 speaks to you, read something you have been putting off and read for 10 minutes. Then before you turn in, think about what you learned.